Sunday 27 July 2014

Have gadgets 'killed' the mighty pen forever?


Have gadgets 'killed' the mighty pen forever?
Rumors of the pen’s demise have been around for almost two decades.
RELATED
The pen is dead. It was murdered by the finger.

I first realized this last week when my girlfriend asked to borrow a pen to sign the back of one of those paper check things.

"Sure," I replied, picking up my laptop bag to rummage inside. I pulled out a succession of rectangular-shaped gadgets, but there was no pen to be found.

"Hmm, maybe we have one upstairs," I said as we both began a detective-like search for anything that resembled a vessel for ink. We scoured the home office, kitchen drawers, bedrooms, even looking through our cars. But again, no pen.

After backtracking to figure out when I last saw a pen in the house, I realized it had been more than two months.

READ ALSO: This device may 'kill' computer mouse

While my home is filled with multiple laptops, smartphones, tablets and other internet-connected devices, there isn't a single pen to be found. No ballpoint, fountain or rollerball. No highlighter, marker or even an itty bitty nub of a pencil.
 
for more visit times of india

No comments:

Post a Comment